Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy to Report: City of Bones Movie DID NOT Ruin the book for me ... Thank Goodness!

So...we all know that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.
 
Sometimes the movie can be just as good as the book (i.e. Harry Potter) and SOMETIMES the movie can TOTALLY destroy every positive thought you had about the book (ugh. Beautiful Creatures...anyone?).
 
Well this weekend I went to see The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones with mi madre and was pleasantly surprised that ... it was close to the book! Yippee!
 
They changed some things in the movie from the book -- but in my opinion --- it was for the better.

via

 If you remember this post I was really put off by the "twist" they threw. So much so that I hesitated to read the second book. 
 

via


 After seeing the movie this weekend...I went home and picked up book #3 - the movie got me interested in the story again.
 
My only big criticism is that Jace is suppose to be like super hot in the book. In the movie...he's not ... so much BUUUUT the more you watch the movie the better looking he becomes.

via
 
 If you read and liked the book then the movie is worth it.
 
 Have you seen this movie yet? Will you see it?
 

Follow on Bloglovin

~Trish

2 comments:

  1. Didn't even know this movie had a book! I'd have to check it out! I'm reading Beautiful Creatures now and now I'm afraid to watch the movie lol. I never read HP or Twilight books but love the movies. Hunger games movie did really well in comparison to the book which I love and can't wait for the movie this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read 'Beautiful Creatures,' but I really liked the movie. I wish I could have the movie sequel ASAP. Is that bad?

    I haven't read TMI either, and I have no interest in reading it - but I'll see the movie when it comes out on DVD. I have mixed feelings about Cassandra Clare as a fellow author because I've read about the plagiarism accusations about her Harry Potter fan fiction.

    But I'm still willing to give her original characters a chance - I just want to experience them as a movie before I invest in reading about them. It's actually not that uncommon for me to see a movie first and then get into the book, like when I saw 'The Thin Red Line' and then I had to read James Jones' war trilogy.

    ReplyDelete