Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Teaser Tuesday ::: Rebel Heart


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme,
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.


I got me a new book - Rebel Heart by Moria Young:

{via}

“Whatever it is, I sure didn’t go lookin fer it.
You don’t hafta, she says. If it’s meant to be, it’ll find you. We like to think we’re in charge of our own lives, but we ain’t. Not really.”
  


This is the second book in the Dust Land series. So far it's not bad. I'm only about an hour into it (I'm audiobooking this one).

Have you read this one? If not - I do recommend Blood Red Road to you - that's Moira Young's first book in the series. While I was reading it I didn't like it THAT much but then I kept thinking about it and thinking about it and realized...I did like it.

The writing style is a bit weird/takes time to get use to - that's why I opted for the audiobook version of book 2.

What are you reading?

~Trish

6 comments:

  1. This is the second one in Blood Red Road? Hmm, I read that one but I feel like I'm gonna get it confused with all the other books that are so similar (like Divergent etc). Maybe I'll read this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, the teaser looks interesting. I've been meaning to listen to more audio books. Will check the book out.
    Here's mine
    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-power-play-resistance-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I like the dialect in the dialogue. You chose a good teaser.
    My Teaser today is from KEEPSAKE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser, sounds like a good read. Hope you enjoy. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/10/15/teaser-tuesday-oct-15/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that last line about being in charge of their own lives.... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting Teaser :) Thanks for stopping by my Tuesday Teaser.

    Your comment about not liking the first book and then thinking about it afterwards made me realise something about a book I am currently writing a review for :) Thank you.

    Happy reading!
    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete