Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Aren't I Done Yet?! Oh and Give me your opinion while you're here

So the most FANTABULOUS thing about Instagram and Pinterest is all the nifty crochet/craft ideas I get.
 
The most NOTSOFANTABULOUS thing about Instagram and Pinterest is all the nifty crochet/crafts I get and it prevents me from finishing my current projects
 
For example I REALLY want to start making a couple pillows for my couch. I also want to make some slippers, some coffee cozies, start a new blanket and sooooooooo much more.

BUUUUUT before I do that...I guess I should finish this blanket:

 
I can't even remember when I started it. But it's been sitting in the corner for awhile now. I finally went out and picked up the yarn I need to finish it. 

 
I'm about 3/4 finished.
It's really easy pattern (you can find here) and it's not bad to look at...I just want to be finished with it!
 

Opinion Needed:
Here's where I need your help. See that pop of red? I debated about ripping it out in the beginning but everyone loved it so I left it in. NOW here's my NEW question -- should I add a second pop of red on the opposite end (you know to balance it out)?
 

Let me know your thoughts!

~Trish
 
Linking up with:
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I think it can work either way. it's whatever you want it to look like in the end. I love the dark and light purple colors, but that should be of no surprise to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you should add the 2nd pop of red - like you said, it would balance it out. It's looking very nice so far by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like the way it is. Usually I'm all about symmetry and balancing things, but I think this works really well! I know how you feel about finding so many projects! I am working on a blanket, but then found some cute hats, so stopped the blanket for a while, but now I'm back at it and just want to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way it is :D
    Jackie

    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually a very symmetrical person, but I think it looks great just the way it is! That pop of color really adds something to the look of the blanket. Thanks for the pattern link - I'm considering making this for a 2014 weather-related project (kind of like a temperature scarf but bigger)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why, but I just love that single stripe of red. Normally, I'm a slave to symmetry, but that just seems so whimsical and fun--I'd leave it just as it is.

    ReplyDelete