Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

Happy New Year! It's that time of year to pick new goals, resolutions and challenges. This year I'm 86ing any resolutions and only going for goals and challenges. 

My first Goal/Challenge is the Crochet Mood Blanket! The goal is to crochet 1 square a day for the entire year with a color that reflects your mood. 

Here are my colors/moods:
Only after I put this together I realized I forgot "sad". I'll just have to NOT be sad this year!


This is a cotton blend yarn that I found in the bargain bin at AC Moore. 

Seeing to how I'm an EXTREMELY moody person my blanket should turn out quite interesting. 

I'm going to do 360 squares (18 squares by 20). Each block is about 3in by 3in. Then I'll use 5 or so days to do a border. Sounds like a good plan right?


I had to write everything down and make a test square to see how it'll work out. I am worried about what size my blanket will end up being. But...we'll see!

This is something EVERYONE can join in! There's a Facebook page (type in Crochet Mood Blanket 2014) or check out mummy_stacey on Instagram. This is her wonderful idea! She has all the rules and ideas listed right on her page.


Good Luck!
~trish

3 comments:

  1. hmm..I am not so sure I can do this with you but I will cheer you on. I don't have enough discipline to make myself work on any one thing at any given time..I work better with deadlines..not so self motivated I guess..and yes, no sadness this year. many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it is really really long as a project!
    I do not know if I could carry it forward, but it is interesting.
    I hoi idea of ​​starting another project ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish I also started the Mood blanket 2014 and I have talked about you on my blog, http://lecosedimysa.blogspot.com/2014/01/crochet-mood-blanket-2014-il-mio-progetto.html if you like, come and see it! Bye Stefania

    ReplyDelete