Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesday : The Invention of Wings

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.



"I saw then what I hadn't seen before, that I was very good at despising slavery in the abstract, in the removed and anonymous masses, but in the concrete, intimate flesh of the girl beside me, I'd lost the ability to be repulsed by it. I'd grown comfortable with the particulars of evil. There's a frightful muteness that dwells at the center of all unspeakable things, and I had found my way into it."

~Trish

7 comments:

  1. What a teaser! Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting teaser! It makes you think what kind of evil we can get used to. I can't wait to read your review of this. It sounds like a great read. Here is my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really intriguing! I loved Secret Life of Bees, so I have a feeling I'd like this one too :) Ill definitely be adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! The last time I read Sue Monk Kidd I was left feeling so sad. She writes heart wrenching stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is on my list! Love this author, and this book sounds awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser!! Heavy like fredamans said, but amazing.
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete