Monday, April 28, 2014

My Writing Process: a blog tour

The terrific Taylor at Tea With Mrs. Kee asked me if I wanted to participate in a blog tour sharing about my writing process. And altho I don't have a specific writing process I am excited to participate in this!
 
 
 
 
Here we go:
 
1. What am I working on?
 Right now I'm working on increasing the amount of blogging I'm currently doing. I've kinda fell off the map and the traffic to my blog fell off (which of course I know the two go hand in hand).
I miss all the fun link-ups I use to do (How Pinteresting, and Virtual Coffee and What I Love Wednesday). So I have to decide what to post about and be creative!
 
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
 I think my blog is unique because I'm writing it (duh) but I do a combo of things that are important to me: my crafty crochet stuff and my reading and my running (when I use to run). Instead of focusing on one topic I like to jump around.
 
3. Why do I write what I do?
 For the Ego Stroke. Seriously. Sounds weird but I LOVE when I post something I've made and everyone tells me how awesome it is. I LOVE that. I'm an affirmations person so I get what I need from this here blog (for the most part).  And I write what interests me. Sometimes I'd like to write more personal/vent-y post but I don't really have the guts to do that. Maybe one day. But for now I'll continue with the feel goods.
 
4. How does your writing process work?
 It usually starts the old fashion way with a pen and pad and then I write. erase. write. tear up. write. ball up. Type. delete-delete,delete (for when I do use the computer). And then I put it away to never look at it again because I'm embarrassed. I have TONS of books, pads, journals and pieces of rando paper with my thoughts,stories and ideas hidden around my house. I probably have a mini novel stored somewhere! My process is weird. I know. But I bet (I hope) I'm not the only one who does this.


Well that's my process! In addition to checking out Taylor's blog you should check out these incredible women's blogs. They'll be posting their writing process next week!

Jenn @ Going the Distance
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! I'll be sure to get on this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete