Tuesday, May 20, 2014

30 Things: #4 Things to Tell Your 16 Year Old Self

Hola! Moving right along to number #4:

 List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

Such an interesting question right?! Here you go:

#1 - DON'T DO "It". You know.

#2 - Save your money. At 16 I was working at the local mall. I liked it. I enjoyed working. My first job was at Hecht's and I was a floater so I got to work in all the departments. I spent my money on getting my nails did every two weeks and little Debbie cakes at school. LOL. 16 year old priorities.

#3 - Write more. When I was this age I was flirting with my writing of poetry and short stories. I wish I would have cultivated that more. Maybe things would've worked out differently.

#4 - Take those AP classes AND the tests. It would've saved me some $$ in college if I had just focused more in these harder classes while in high school.

#5 - Learn how to drive. I waited until I was in college before I learned how to drive. And I would've been more independent my college years if I didn't have to METRO and/or wait for friends for rides

#6 - Read "The Secret" and some books about managing money (I would say read Dave Ramsey's books but I don't know if he was writing his tips back then).

#7 - Get a better sports bra. I mean - hearing later people came to the track to see me run - embarrassing. I needed to tape my puppies down.

#8 - Buy "Drysol" for my sweaty pits. I WISH I knew this existed back then. Would have saved me from those embarrassing pit stains and I could've worn cuter shirts.

#9 - Get the Pill. I missed so much school due to my terrible periods. If I was on the pill I wouldn't have had to crawl into my mom's room begging her to let me stay home. I could barely stand up straight at the start of my cycle.

#10 - BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Don't listen to the haters.

Overall I was a pretty good kid. I didn't drink/drug and I listened to my mom (because I was scared of her) so I don't have too many 16 year old regrets. What about you? What's one thing you would tell your 16 year old self?

~Trish

2 comments:

  1. hahaha love this list. I was actually thinking about this the other day for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found myself at your blog via a Crochet link. Just wanted to say I relate to the list whether for my younger self or for my grad daughter--and we're Marylanders.

    ReplyDelete