Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3/30 Things: Relationship with Parents

Hola! Ready for #3 of 30 Things?

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

I have a great relationship with my parents!

My mom is my BFF. She's the only person that really gets me and I cannot express how much that means to me. I know she's here to help me whenever I need (even if I don't know I need it) and she's a great friend. I love that we can hang out and be friends and be mother-daughter. She's an awesome mom/woman and I'm so thankful to have her in my life!

circa 1984? 1985?

circa 2014

I have to tell you my dad is the best dad in the whole wide world. I know you may think your dad is pretty groovy but he doesn't beat mine! I only get to see him a couple times a year since he lives in Sunny FL but now that he knows how to work his FaceTime I get to see him a little more often. My stepmom told me "I hope you find a man [husband] just like your dad"  - I think that's THE BEST compliment ever. I'm 30+ and will always be daddy's girl! He spoiled me and still does!


Sadly I can't find a recent photo of me and my dad (I recently lost all the photos I had from my last visit to him when I broke my last phone). That means I have to make a trip to Florida soon to take new ones!

I <3 my parents. I thank them that they didn't stay married (which is weird) but they are good people apart and so different and I got such a great perspective on life growing up watching them live their individual lives.

Love you mom and dad!

To see my #1 and #2 of my 30 Things click here.

~Trish

2 comments:

  1. So lucky to have such wonderful and supportive parents. And you're even more blessed to be able to recognize it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a blessing to have great parents. :) love the post and pictures!

    ReplyDelete