Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Queen Sugar

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

{via}
 
"Three days ago Charley Bordelon and her eleven-year-old daughter, Michah, locked up the rented Spanish bungalow with its cracked tile roof and tumble of punch-colored bougainvillea and left Los Angeles for good. In an old Volvo wagon with balding tires and a broken air conditioner, they followed the black vein of highway..." 
 
 
This is the first paragraph of the book - would you continue reading?
 
~Trish
 
 


11 comments:

  1. I'd be curious to find out why they left and where they are going. My teasers this week are from Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn and The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I think I would keep going, just out of curiosity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read on to see what happens in a relocation!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now you've grabbed me! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE ARSONIST”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover, and the opening has me wanting more, so I would keep reading! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would....Im kinda intrigued. Let me know how you like this once you're done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little bit intrigued as to why they are leaving for Los Angeles... I'd want to read a bit further first though.
    Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/teaser-tuesday-may-13/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would to see what happens on their journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would continue. I like the writing style and I'm curious about the story. Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why were they leaving I wonder?

    ReplyDelete