Thursday, June 5, 2014

30 Things: #6 - Hardest Thing Ever Experienced

Ready for another 30 things?



#6-  What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

Well.
This is tough because I've experienced some things that have been hard on me that I don't really want to think about it (mainly what comes to mind is losing a friend to hit and run, and situations with friends, family, relationships, personal blah.) and that's not something I want to get into here in this blog space.

So the hardest thing that I've ever experienced (that I am willing to share) is when I did the Baltimore Marathon. A whole 26.2 miles. I still can't fathom that I did something like that -- I'm the girl who parks the closest as possible to the stores and the gal who is SUPER lazy.


But I managed to get thru it and get it done just under 5 hours. I'm still proud of myself even though it was YEARS ago. I'd never do that mess again. Ever.

I blogged about it HERE.  When  I think back at how PAINFUL it was and how I could barely walk to my car after I crossed the finish line - makes me feel even prouder.

Since then (2011) I don't think I have run another race. I'm still burned out. LOL.

~Trish

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in awe of how you did this, and how ANYONE does this. You rock in my book. The end :)

    ReplyDelete