Friday, June 20, 2014

Hexie Love

 
Hiya!
 
If you follow me on Instagram you probably have already figured out that I'm starting something very new and very purple :)
 
 
I went on to KnitPicks and literally ordered every purple color they offered in their Brava Sport line (I picked a couple grays and silver too because I thought it would add a nice touch)
 
my happy face when a big box of yarn lands on my door!
I've been wanting to do my own hexagon blanket ever since I made this one for my stepmom.
I figure that this blanket will be my housewarming gift to myself. LOL. Plus I don't have too many blankets for my own space anyway (I have one completed one that I use in the winter).

 
Not only are these hexagon's cute but they work up really quick! I'm using the pattern from LoopKnits:
 
ABBREVIATIONS

ch: chain
ch-sp: chain space
dc: double crochet
dc2tog: [yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 2 times, yarn over, draw through all loops on hook.
dc3tog: [yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 3 times, yarn over, draw through all loops on hook.
foll: following

PATTERN
Ch6. Slip stitch through the first ch to form a circle.

Round 1: Ch2, dc2tog into circle – counts as dc3tog. [Ch2, dc3tog into circle] 5 times. Ch2, slip stitch to top of first dc3tog. (6 clusters)
Round 2: Slip stitch into first chain-space. Ch2, dc2tog into ch-sp – counts as dc3tog. Ch2, dc3tog into same ch-sp. [Ch2, dc3tog, ch2 dc3tog into next ch-sp] 5 times. Ch2, slip stitch to top of first dc3tog. (12 clusters)
Round 3: Slip stitch into first chain-space. Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc into ch-sp, 3dc into next ch-sp, [3dc, ch2, 3dc into foll ch-sp, 3dc into next ch-sp] 5 times. Slip stitch to top of first dc. Fasten off. (18 clusters)
 
 
 
 
I keep my hexagons in a ziplock baggie until I'm ready to join them. Mad organizational skills here.
 
 
 
So far I'm loving this project!
 
What are you working on?
 
~Trish

2 comments:

  1. You had me at "very purple" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be beautiful - I love those colors. :)

    ReplyDelete