Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Neighbor Gift - What Should I Do?

So, I want to make something quick and cute to give as a gift for my downstairs neighbors. They are a couple of ladies that are just SO nice.
 
 
Last week someone stole two bikes off my (SECOND floor) balcony [don't ask me how. I haven't figured that out yet really] I just know the value of the bikes is around $1600 and now they are gone. disappeared.
 
Yesterday when Troy and I got home I see the ladies outside and they go "We found a bike in the kids secret stash (I suppose the neighborhood kids have a spot they hang out and stash things in) and we brought it over here".  Unfortunately it wasn't my bike. But I LOVE that they thought so much of me that they stole a stolen bike because they thought it was mine. LOL. Neighbors like that are hard to find.
 
I want to whip up something quick I can give them as a "thank you" for that AND they brought up some homemade salsa last week that was the bomb diggity.
 
Here are some ideas I found on Pinterest that I'm considering:
 
Crochet Dish Cloths
Hawaiian Flower Trivet
Coasters
Mandala
Placemat
What do you think I should make?
 
I'm pretty sure they are the kind of people that would be happy with just the THOUGHT of me wanting to make them something so I know I don't need to go overboard.
 
Thoughts?


4 comments:

  1. I think you should do the coasters...it's quick and easy and everyone can always use some extra coasters.
    That was really nice of them! So glad you have SOME good people living around you...minus the thieves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had your bikes stolen. I hope you get them back.
    I kind of like the idea of the coasters as gifts. A couple mugs from the dollar store would go nice with them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coasters! And I'm so sorry about your bike :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish,
    I have not stopped by in a while :( Sorry about the bikes, it is just awful that someone would steal them. As far as a gift goes, I think everything you make is gorgeous! For me, I would choose the crochet dish cloths. Everyone loves new dish clothes, especially ones like these.
    Hope you have a great summer.
    Dawn
    @ A Place for Pictures and Memories

    ReplyDelete