Thursday, August 28, 2014

Book Review ::: Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6)

So I FINALLY picked up the last book of the Vampire Academy Series - And I'm very happy I did!
 
 
GoodReads Synopsis:
 
Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose - for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back...and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?
 
This is book 6 (the final book) of the Vampire Academy and I'm quite pleased with how everything turned out for the characters.
 
I really love that we get to see more of Rose and Dmitri working together (who doesn't?), I'm glad to see what happens to Lissa (I don't want to give it away - so I won't) and I'm glad how the author "ended" the series (which as you may know she left it pretty open so we can pick up and read more about some of the characters in her other series Bloodlines).
 
If this is your type of genre and you haven't read these books yet - I highly recommend them! If it's not your normal type of read but you like a strong female lead (but still vulnerable in certain ways) and you like action, and you like a story that grabs you and takes you all over - I still would highly recommend these books! They are a very quick read and you get pulled in rather quickly.
 
I gave this 4 out of 5 stars.
 
Enjoy!
 
~Trish


No comments:

Post a Comment