Friday, August 22, 2014

It's Friday!

I've seen Jenn do this post a couple times and it totally sparked my interest so I'm joining in!
Plus it's been a long time since my last post so it'll be a good way to catch you up!
 
 
ONE:
It's been an BUSY August. I drove up to Pittsburgh to see my girls (my lil sisters) M&C. They are so flipping cute. I love any moment I get to see them. We had a fun Pittsburgh day eating at Pamela's (yummy pancakes), hitting the Carnegie Library (yes, going to the library is considered fun) and heading over to Randyland to see this guy's fantastical garden/masterpiece.



they have "filled" pancakes here. yums!


Randyland - with Randy mid stroke!

TWO:
My Pittsburgh trip was on Sunday. Two days later I flew down to Florida to see the girls again. This time for a full week of family and sunshine. EXCEPT it rained most of my time down there. But spending a week with a 9 year old and 12 year old - just straight up comedy. I think I have the same sense of humor as my 9 year old sister. I don't know what that says about me (or what it says about her).

THREE:
I did get a bunch of reading done on my vacation: Last Sacrifice, Bloodlines, and What She Left Behind. Reviews coming for all. I can go ahead and tell you that I do recommend all three of them.


my reading buddy: M reading a Nuclear Physics book for "fun"
 
my other reading buddy...C...altho she was probably just playing a game.

FOUR:
While I was down in Florida I saw that the blanket I made for them is unraveling! Hello Nightmare! I will never do a "magic ring" start ever again. If you are a hooker - I recommend you never do it either. I didn't take a picture of the damage. I'm too hurt to even look at it. Instead of fixing it I think I'm just going to make them a second blanket. While I was there I witnessed 3/4 family members use it - so I know it's something they like.
 
FIVE:
Have a good weekend.
That's all. Simple.
 
~Trish
 

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you had so much fun with your family (and in particular, your sisters). They are getting SO BIG!!! I remember when they were little peanuts! Also, can we talk about how M was reading Nuclear physics....at all but for FUN?? That girl is going places :)
    Glad you're back so I can see your face sometime soon I hope :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I love that your sister is reading a Physics book for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete