Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh Hey Friday!

oh Friday! Finally you're back! and for a LONG weekend + a week long vacation = I can't complain.
 
 
[1]
When I was in Florida a couple weekends ago my Stepmom made this really yummy syrup for our waffles - it was so good I practically licked the plate. So I asked her what it was and she told me it was something she found on Pinterest (duh.) and I ended up making it myself this weekend and it was the bomb diggity. It's a buttermilk syrup (buttermilk, vanilla, sugar, butter and baking soda = heaven). If you have a mouth and stomach you HAVE to try it.

 
[2]
Troy and I are due to head on a vacation next week. I'm SUPER excited. I love our vacation time together. It's nice to be away from everyday life/stresses and just relax and not worry. If you saw my Monday post you know I NEEEED this vacation
 
 
[3]
I'm so happy to report that I finished my book challenge this year! The first time in two years and I'm actually AHEAD of schedule!
I said I would only read 13 books this year (I figured about one a month) but this year I'm a roll! I know 13 books probably sounds really low but I'm proud of myself!


[4]
My mom is making bracelets. She's given me two over the past two weeks. The blue one matches my work colors perfectly. Pure coincidence. And I love it!
 


 
[5]
This number 5 has to be the same as #1 because I'm SO excited to getaway next week. This will be my last vacation until 2015 so I will try to enjoy every minute of it!

I hope you have a fantastic weekend and week!

~Trish
 

1 comment:

  1. Where are you going on vacation? I like the bracelets your mom is making, especially the blue one!
    I have a mouth and a stomach so I should try that syrup recipe. I'm just afraid after that I will no longer have teeth or a waistline lol
    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete