Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WIP Wednesday ::: Making a Big Girl Version of a Baby Girl Blanket

About 3 years ago I made this baby shower gift for my friend/co-worker and her daughter absolutely LOVES it! Which is AWE-SOME. The total feel good to a project well done.
 

So last week I get a text message asking if I could make an exact replica of that same baby girl blanket for a twin size bed - which is also AWE-SOME buuuuut I can't remember what yarn I used, what size hook I used and which pattern exactly I used.
 
 
I really need to start keeping track of my projects better. I think I'm going to start a notebook for situations just like this. I found this WIP organizer about 7 weeks ago but I think today I will be starting it!
 
So I THINK I found the colors to match the yarn I used 3 years ago:
 
 
and I'm guessing I used a 5.5mm or 6.0mm hook.
 

What do you think? How do you keep track of your projects? Do you think my colors match enough?
 
~Trish

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to use a project organizer. I think you've chosen your colors well, except for the lighter pink - I think it's a little lighter than in the picture of the blanket. (Unless it's just the lighting in the room when you took the picture.) It's a great compliment when someone makes a request like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the light pink. I went out today and I think I found a closer match. we'll see! I definitely will start a wip organizer this time around lol!

      Delete
  2. What a compliment!!! Go you girl!

    ReplyDelete