Friday, September 12, 2014

Follow Friday

Happy Friday Friends!
 
How about a little FF to get the day going?
{join in here}
Before blogging (dark times people!) how would you find out about new books or did you? - Suggested by A Great Read
 
 
I love this question!
 
I would go to the bookstore (Borders was my favorite - esp when I had my coupon!) and would spend so much time looking at all the books on the tables - the bestsellers, staff recommendations, features, etc - and I would pile them up and buy what I could afford.
 
I also had a little scrap paper that I carried around that I would write the titles of books down that I wanted to buy at a later day.
 
Oh. Memories.
I miss that bookstore smell!
 
How did you find out about new books?
 
~Trish
 

7 comments:

  1. So funny! We didn't have a Borders - all we had in our tiny town was BAM... But I worked it out. Haha! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the good old days of pen and paper! I do kind of miss discovering books that way. Once in awhile you would find a really special book that you might not have ever picked up otherwise! I might be too dependent on goodreads now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh bookstores i got lost in Barnes and Noble for about 2 hours yesterday. Thnaks for stopping by followed back on bloglovin
    ❤ Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm
    Follow me HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish! I would totally write books on a scrap of paper, too! The good 'ol days. Now I just write them on my smart phone...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! New Follower via GFC & Bloglovin'. Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Borders was my number 1 bookstore. I dont think any bookstore, physical or online had a better reward program. Most of the times, I would save 30-40 on dvd show sets and books, so I was very upset when they went out of business XD

    New Follower via GFC and Bloglovin

    Guinevere & Libertad @ Twinja Book Review's #FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Borders was the best store around!Their reward system was the absolute best!I was so disappointed when they came crumbling down! No store came first in my eyes XD

    New follower :)

    Guinevere & Libertad @ Twinja Book Review's #FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Borders. I still like to go to the bookstore, but I don't very often. Better for the wallet that way! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete