Monday, October 6, 2014

30 Day Crochet Challenge: Day3 - Current WIPs

Hey there!
 
Since I sent a few of my WIPS off to the Yarn Bomber in Santa Barbara {read more about that HERE} - I have a more manageable stack of WIPs I'm currently working on!



 
I haven't worked on this blanket since July. Can you believe I ran out of Silver yarn & about half of the purple skeins I was using? And when I went to order the silver I needed - it was out of stock {insert SHOCKED face here}. I need to revisit the site and order what I need so I can continue on with this blanket.



 
Oh, man. I've been slacking BIG time on this baby. I don't think I've touched this all 2014 but I do intend to finish it. It's due to be an extra large blanket for my bed.
 



 
I have a love/hate with this blanket - mainly I think I dislike the yarn I'm using (it's like a cotton blend that I found in the value bin at AC Moore). I LOVE the idea of a block a day representing my overall mood for the day.
 
When finished it'll be 361 squares total (I'm using the last four days of the year to sew in all the edges and add a border). And when I say last four days I mean some time into 2015 since I'm FOREVER behind on this blanket.
 
I think I'll do this again next year but with a different type of yarn and I may do a ripple or something instead of individual squares.
 




 
Out of the four - this will be the blanket I finish first - especially since I have a deadline date of November!
 
I have about 25-30 more rows to go until it's the right length.


 
Which WIP do you like best? Which one do you think I should hurry up and finish?!
 
What are you currently working on?
 
~Trish
 
***
 
30 Day Crochet Challenge:
 

 
1. First Project | 2. Last Completed Project | 3. Current WIPs | 4. Red* | 5. Favorite Hook Size | 6. Least Favorite Hook Size | 7. Orange* | 8. Favorite Yarn | 9. Least Favorite Yarn | 10. Yellow* | 11. Do You Have a Shop? (If So, Post a Link!) | 12. Favorite Knitting/Crochet/Yarn Shop? | 13. Green* | 14. Blue* | 15. Purple* | 16. Closest Holiday* | 17. Last Gift Made | 18. Current WIPs | 19. Pink* | 20. Favorite Item Made | 21. Least Favorite Item Made | 22. Brown* | 23. How Long Have You Been Crocheting? | 24. Favorite Stitch | 25. White* | 26. Amigurumi* | 27. Favorite Crochet Book | 28. Grey* | 29. Black | 30. RANDOM!
 
*On this day create something in given theme/color!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should finish the pink one since you have a deadline, and after that, finish whichever one you love the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are an afghan-lover!!! Very ambitious!!! I agree with Jenn - finish the Ripple, because of the deadline. (gift?) I love that you have tackled the Tunisian stitch. I have watched video tutorials - and have been very intrigued by it. Someday soon for me!! I saw your mood blanket when you started in January. I wanted to do it... just couldn't "muster" the emotional energy to start. If you decide to start again next year... blog about it... I will join you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the purple hexagons and the tunisian blanket. I've been admiring how you're always using different stitches. I need to mix mine up. I tend to stick to what's comfortable. I've made so many granny square blankets... lol But my fish blanket isn't a granny square blanket, so I'm getting better. lol

    ReplyDelete