Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday & Audiobook Review ::: Dark Places

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.
 
"I am, I guess, depressed. I guess I've been depressed for about twenty-four years. I can feel a better version of me somewhere in there - hidden behind a liver or attached to a bit of spleen within my stunted, childish body - a Libby that's telling me to get up, do something, grow up, move on. But the meanness usually wins. "
 
What do you think? Would you keep reading?
 
***
MY THOUGHTS:
 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well. When I started this book the first minute into it I thought "I'm not going to like this" next thing I know I'm 2 hours into and didn't want to stop.

I got sucked in immediately into the story and I could not put it down until I got to the end.

This is a MUST audiobook (if you're into that kind of thing). The chapters alternate between 3 main characters (Libby, Patty and Ben) and if you know me - you know by now that I'm a BIG fan of this. I also love when the audiobook has multiple narrators for each main character. Love Love Love.

Like I said - I was pulled in almost immediately. I found myself carrying my tablet around my apartment so I didn't have to stop listening while I cooked, showered, brushed my teeth - etc. I had to know what happened to each character and more about the "kill club".

I don't want to give away anymore than that. The story is a journey that I recommend you go on! I am THISCLOSE to saying I liked this BETTER than Gone Girl. Bam. Yup. I said it.
 
 
Have you read this? Will you read this now after my suggestion?
~Trish

12 comments:

  1. Alright you've convinced me. I'll probably read it, not audiobook it, but we'll see if I feel the same way that you do when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a big fan of Gone Girl (I know, I know...) so I'm not sure about this one either. But I'll probably read it. Thanks for sharing.
    My teaser today is from Lost and Found by Brooke Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was not a huge fan of Gone Girl, but will, like Kim, likely read this one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd read on.

    I have two teasers today from Veronica Roth’s YA dystopian “Divergent” series:

    http://pdworkman.com/conversation-with-veronica-roth-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can relate somewhat to the teaser as a family member has been through similar feelings
    9/11 Commission Report Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did read and enjoy this one...hooked by my first read by this author, Gone Girl. I also read and enjoyed Sharp Objects, but this one beat that one out, IMO.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh...I loved Dark Places. I liked Gone Girl better, but still, I thought Dark Places was really good. I want to read Sharp Objects too, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Great choice for a teaser! Here's my TT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dialogue in your Teaser really drew me in. She definitely sounds depressed. I'm glad you were so impressed by the book. It does sound like a good story.
    My Tuesday post features THE LITTLEST COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my co-workers read this and really liked it. It's on my list, too, even though I don't read adult fiction very often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely intrigued, so yeah, I'd read on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! This is the only Flynn book I haven't read. I need to just buy it. Today. Haha! Thanks for stopping by The Coffee Pot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in the "not a fan" camp of Gone Girl, but this one sounds good and I like audios.

    ReplyDelete