So with the new year just a few weeks away it's about the time we start to think of resolutions and goals we'd like to achieve. I don't know why we have to wait to the new year but it's a nasty habit. We work for a few weeks at being better and then it's right back to our bad habits. I'm speaking in terms of "us" instead of "I". I assume you have the same problem as I do - but maybe not. You know what happens when we assume!
I found this really great posts called 42 Practical Ways To Improve Yourself. I love it! And it has given me many ideas on what I can do every day to work on making myself a better person.
I've cherry picked the items I plan on focusing on (and I'm sharing them with you so perhaps you can make me accountable for them):
1. Read a book everyday
3. Pick up a new hobby
5. Create an inspirational room
9. Have a weekly exercise routine
10. Start your life handbook
12. Get out of your comfort zone
16. Stay focused with to-do lists
18. Acknowledge your flaws
20. Learn from people who inspire you
21. Quit a bad habit
22. Cultivate a new habit
26. Start a journal
27. Start a blog about personal development
37. Start a business venture
38. Show kindness to people around you
41. Read at least 1 personal development article a day
42. Commit to your personal growth
17 items out of the 42 that I know I can commit to and make an effort in.
What do you think? Think my personal growth list is attainable?
What are you committed to working on?