Thursday, December 4, 2014

Personal Growth - Practical Ways to Improve.....ME

Hey there!
 
So with the new year just a few weeks away it's about the time we start to think of resolutions and goals we'd like to achieve. I don't know why we have to wait to the new year but it's a nasty habit. We work for a few weeks at being better and then it's right back to our bad habits. I'm speaking in terms of "us" instead of "I". I assume you have the same problem as I do - but maybe not. You know what happens when we assume!
 
I found this really great posts called 42 Practical Ways To Improve Yourself. I love it! And it has given me many ideas on what I can do every day to work on making myself  a better person. 
 
 
I've cherry picked the items I plan on focusing on (and I'm sharing them with you so perhaps you can make me accountable for them):
 
1. Read a book everyday
3. Pick up a new hobby
5. Create an inspirational room
9. Have a weekly exercise routine
10. Start your life handbook
12. Get out of your comfort zone
16. Stay focused with to-do lists
18. Acknowledge your flaws
20. Learn from people who inspire you
21. Quit a bad habit
22. Cultivate a new habit
26. Start a journal
27. Start a blog about personal development
37. Start a business venture
38. Show kindness to people around you
41. Read at least 1 personal development article a day
42. Commit to your personal growth
 
17 items out of the 42 that I know I can commit to and make an effort in.
 
What do you think? Think my personal growth list is attainable?
What are you committed to working on?
 
~Trish
 


1 comment:

  1. I think your goals are attainable for sure. Anything you put your mind to, you can do. You just have to motivate yourself on those days you're feeling less than excited about stuff and life stresses get in the way--that's when it's the hardest. Good for you for being a better you :)

    ReplyDelete