Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesday ::: The First Lie

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

{via}
"I ain't a tramp!" I yelled back. I didn't think you could be a tramp at thirteen. Mary Ella, now she was a different story. Having a baby at fifteen pretty much made her one for sure, even though I defended her to anyone at school who said a word against her after she got kicked out for being in the family way."

What do you think? Keep reading or no?

~Trish

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think I need to know more about the entire story. Could be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know more of what happens now. Great Teaser! Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would...and I did. I loved this one, and read it a while ago, just before reading Necessary Lies, one of my favorite books of last year. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “CALL ME ZELDA”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would keep reading! I love this author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the teaser...sounds interesting for sure. Great hook. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesday-jan-6/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd definitely keep reading. I like the voice of the thirteen-year-old, and I'm curious about her situation. I'm also wondering how the book's title relates to the plot.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh....a bit of a troubling subject matter when you have young kids that you don't want to be thinking about at that age!! But sounds intriguing! Thanks for coming by mine!
    http://mydogearedpurpose.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesday-january-6th-happy-new-year/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd read on, just to see if she learns to meaning of tramp. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would keep reading.The girls voice is strong and I'd like to know what's happening to her in this scene.
    Here's my TT from AWOL - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesdays-94-awol/

    ReplyDelete