Monday, March 16, 2015

Lately

I've been really slacking on the blogging front - reading, writing, even thinking about my blog (or anyone else's).  There are just not enough hours in the day! I sometimes wish I worked a desk job where I could sneak in times to read an write posts - buuut I don't. And after driving around 8 hours of each day, by the time I get home I'm too tired to post.

Since it's been about a month since my last post ... here's what I've been up to:

:::Planning Ashby's baby shower. It's coming up this weekend and I THINK I have everything ready. I still need to pick up balloons and decorations and I HOPE what I ordered on Etsy arrives on time (or I'm screwed)


:::Took Stitch to a new vet closer to my house. The Doctor had SO much energy - almost hard to follow but I liked her and she loved Stitch. She was impressed with how good he looks for being 14 years old and for being a diabetic the past 3 years. I'm apparently a "good" pet owner.

:::Still working on my hexagon blanket. I'll be happy when it's finished! It's taking such a long time - but I guess perfection doesn't happen over night :)


:::Speaking of crochet - I think this year I'm going to make a couple blankets and donate to Project Linus in Baltimore, MD. I wish there was a chapter in my county - I'd prefer to donate there but at least I plan on donating something to somebody.

:::A couple weeks ago I went to VA beach for my annual regional meeting and to my surprise (and delight) I won an individual award for selling the most mobile ads. As a team - team DC won about 7 awards for having a great year in 2014.

:::I've started running again. I'm terribly slow and highly embarrassed. I'm no where the runner I use to be. Guess I have A LOT of work ahead of me if I want to get close to where I was. 

Lots of other gems going on - hopefully I'll be better posting over the next few weeks - but we shall see.

What's going on with you?

trish

3 comments:

  1. Love the invitation for Ashby's shower!! So cute! And that hexagon blanket is coming along SO WELL! It looks great girl :)
    Congrats on your individual and team awards at work--that's gotta help make you feel appreciated! I need some of those at work myself haha.
    Don't get down on yourself with the running. Anything that you haven't done in a while is gonna take a bit to get back to where you were when you were doing it all the time. The important part is that you ARE doing it!! I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just letting you know I was here..your blanket will be wonderful when it is done..I do not like having to connect everything together..and then having to weave in the loose ends..yuck...anyway hope your stuff arrives from Etsy in time for the shower. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK!! My cats are diabetics too... also going on 3 years. I have a little blog about them... though I haven't updated it in a while. I should get a blog post on there soon. http://catsdiabetes.blogspot.com/ My cat Merry is about 14-15 and my cat Pippin is 12 years old. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete