Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Teaser Tuesday ::: Contagious: Why Things Catch On

As part of my 2015 new year revolution I vowed to read more books to help advance myself/career. First I read The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation  (read that teaser here) and now I'm reading Contagious: Why Things Catch On. I have to share at least one tease with you today because this book has my wheels turning and me taking back to it all-the-time! 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm

GoodReads
"How does it make people look to talk about a product or idea? Most people would rather look smart than dumb, rich than poor, and cool than geeky.  Just like the clothes we wear and the cars we drive, what we talk about influences how others see us. It’s social currency."

***

How true is that?

Keep reading or no?

Have you/will you read this book?

12 comments:

  1. Very true and yes, keep reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! This sounds like a very interesting read - getting behind the decisions we make and why certain things catch on like fire!

    Thanks for coming by mine today from Together Apart by Natalie Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - sorry if this posts twice - I have issues posting on blogger sites from my wordpress...

    But great tease on a very interesting topic!!

    Thank you for coming by mine from Together Apart by Natalie Martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a worth-while read!

    My teaser this week is from Isaac Asimov http://wp.me/p3Nz8P-su

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds interesting. And could be helpful for work for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true! Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read nonfiction but this one does sound thought provoking. The teaser on my young adult blog this week comes from Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds very interesting! It would be great to look at why things start to take off and develop.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. I'd keep reading to find out more.
    My Tuesday post features A Walk in the Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea and great teaser! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting. I would definitely keep reading. Hope you enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete