Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WIP Wednesday ::: WIP #4

WIP Wednesday!

I've started yet another WIP! This time this isn't for me.
I've been tasked to make a blanket for Ashby (an adult size version of this baby shower gift)


I've been dragging my feet on making her a blanket for years now. I finally broke down and said "if you order the yarn - I'll make the blanket." Sure nuff...a few days later a box o'fun showed up at my door.


This is the color combo for her bedroom. I think she made a great color choice! 


Since I have no deadline of getting this complete I'm enjoying adding a couple rows a week. She'll get it by winter....maybe.



What do you think of the color combo?

Would you make your friends buy their own materials for when you make them something - or am I just cheap?

What are you working on?

~Trish

Linking up with: Hookin on Hump Day | Submarine Sunday |

7 comments:

  1. Are those photos of the same blanket? The colors look different in each photo. Love the colors tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Are you working from a pattern or just off the top of your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pattern. very issue to memorize

      Delete
  3. Love the colors on this! It looks so comfy, I wouldn't mind cuddling up with in, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks very pretty. For a large project like an afghan - if I didn't already have the yarn - then I would ask the friend to buy her own colors. I believe it's better that way - she will get the exact colors that she wants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking good! Great colors! Thanks for stopping by the Submarine Sunday Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and the pattern. I don't think its wrong for benefactors to buy the yarn. Would it be possible to get the pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete