Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm

via
“He had no money and no home; he lived entirely on the road of the racing circuit, sleeping in empty stalls, carrying with him only a saddle, his rosary, and his books....The books were the closest thing he had to furniture, and he lived in them the way other men live in easy chairs.” 

***
Over the weekend I got in about 6 hours of audiobooking during the road trip. I'm SO into this story. I can't wait to finish it - I just have to know how everything turns out ;).

What do you think? 

Have you read this and/or seen the movie?

I say just go ahead and add this to your TBR pile right now if you haven't already.

~Trish

13 comments:

  1. I loved reading Seabiscuit! It was such a good book. She is a really great writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this one, but I haven't read it. However, I LOVED 'Unbroken' by the same author.
    My teaser today is from Orphan #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read it, nor have I seen the movie! I meant to read it but never got around to it. Maybe now is a good time to add it to my TBR again.

    Here's my Teaser for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/teaser-tuesdays-july-21-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I might need to see if the audio is available on Overdrive. I enjoyed the movie.

    Do you like books with dogs? Here’s my teaser from a mystery that I really enjoyed. Funny, fast moving and engaging: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-dog-tags/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I read this book but don't remember that quote. My teaser this week comes from the urban fantasy Magic Lost Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser of a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that excerpt....and the idea of living in books like some people live in easy chairs.

    Here's mine: “THE MISTAKE I MADE”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser -- I have this book in Mount TBR. Mine: Inferno by Dan Brown

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good teaser! Saw the movie and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this book nor have I seen the movie. I admit it hasn't been high on my interest list. I do like the teaser you shared though. Books do make good easy chairs, at least in some ways. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are enjoying this one so much. Sadly I'm not too sure about the subject matter...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not read this but I saw the movie. Love the teaser. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/07/teaser-tuesday-19.html?zx=5ad83a5c9914f102

    ReplyDelete