Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Monday ... Whomp Whomp

Hola!

How was your weekend?
Did you enjoy the weather?
Binge watch Netflix?

Friday I had to take a sick day off from work. Thursday night I went to the PMA (property management association) August Social and I'm not sure if it was the heat, the lobster, the other seafood or the beer (or the combo of it all) but my stomach was not pleased that night and/or the next morning.


Good news is  - I did get my lobstah selfie in.




Although I had the BGs it was nice to be home and relax. Got to spend some time with Troy and even took a nap.

Saturday AM Mom and I went to the butcher. I have never been to the butcher and I've been wanting to go for a long time. My mom goes to the butcher to get Sammie dog food (Sammie is on a raw food diet) so I tagged along. Only picked up some hot sausage (Troy's request) and chicken breast. I heard this place as the best, freshest meat and it's suppose to be the "best I've ever tasted".  AND I spent less than $14! I'm looking forward to all my meaty meals this week.

I got some pool time in this weekend and started book #3 of the Selection


I had this big empty space above my sink that I was going to hang some floating shelves on... buuut, after one attempt of trying to get them up (and failing) a few months ago - I decided to just go with a picture collage and I'm quite pleased with the decision:


what do you think?
Not perfectly hung but I'm proud of myself! Now I just have to get pictures to go in the frames.

I also took the time to hang my "EAT" sign above the pantry door and the clock my mom gave me for Christmas.

Made a easy Pinterest recipe.

Picked up apple pie and ice cream for Troy and I. Mmmm.

Binge watched Scandal season four - only about half the season though!

Overall it was a great & quiet weekend. 

How was your weekend?

~Trish
I would love it if you followed me: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads


13 comments:

  1. Hope your tummy is feeling better! Love the pics and decor in the kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is jealous of your getting lobster! I hope you're feeling better today. Love the collage and the Eat sign! I had a relaxing weekend myself. Now back to the grind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. Love how you added those frames above your sink in the kitchen. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you added to your kitchen! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well on Friday, but glad it didn't wreck your weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. First: I LOVE the new layout of your blog! It's so cute, and you know I love all the purple! Sorry to hear you were sick (though you know I'm not a fan of lobster...not that that ever stopped me from going to your mom's lobster bakes back in the day!). The kitchen decor looks great! Isn't it nice when you finally add those finishing touches to your place? I'm excited about decorating our new place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a pretty great weekend other than being sick! Hope it didn't last long and you are feeling back to normal again!

    xo Mary-Katherine | Gold-Hatted Lover

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you're feeling better! hope you like book 3 of the selection, i loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your kitchen decor! Butchers usually have the best quality meat. I've been debating about reading The Selection series. Thanks for linking up today!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better! Those lobster photos look neat-sad they made you sick. :( I loved the third Selection book-can't wait to hear what you think about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your kitchen decorations! Hope you are feeling better!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very jealous of your pool time! Maybe that's why your enjoying summer so much more than me :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hai.. nice to meet u,
    i love your blog..
    will u drop by n see my blog?

    here my url blog :
    http://tengkubutang.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a good weekend other than the bubble guts! Hope your week is great! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete