Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Morning Coffee

Hola!

How was your weekend? Did you have time to unwind and relax? 

Friday night after work I immediately put on my pjs, poured myself a glass of wine, grabbed my laptop and turned on Netflix.

One episode in Ashby texted me seeing if I wanted to get a drink. I couldn't say no to that ... so less than an hour later we were enjoying wine and apps at Copper Canyon.

Saturday I was up early for Judi's bday brunch at La Boum in DC. Have you ever heard of this place? 
Omg. 
It is something else. 



First they only let everyone in at the same time and then they lock the door and close all the blinds. They have a DJ and pass out shots as soon as you sit down (BTW - it was 10am).  They make everyone get up and dance on their chairs almost the whole time.  The times you're not dancing they played games and had this "dancer" who was in a G-String and nipple tassels. It was quite entertaining.

They didn't let us have our phones out so I didn't get but a couple photos. 
We were locked in until about 1pm.  After all that champagne and dancing I needed pizza (obviously right)!
After that I felt hung over until about 7pm. I was just DONE! I spent the rest of the day on the couch. 

Sunday I was up early. I made Troy & I some breakfast. Then headed up to the pool for some sunshine.
Stephanie and baby Desmond came up to join me too. Baby's first day at the pool! 

Finished up the weekend with some meal prep:

More yummy egg muffins

I even cooked dinner!

Just chicken, cheese, BBQ sauce and bacon
All in all a good weekend (except for my boss emailing on Saturday and then texting at 8:41 pm on Sunday!  That's a rant for another day!

What's you do this weekend?
Are you sad it's Monday?

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to learn to make those egg muffins so I can just pop them in & go in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! La boum sounds....intense lol.
    I want some pool time! Hoping to get some this week and then maybe a little beach action this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying over that bar - that sounds intense and I wouldn't last lol! I love what you made for dinner - it looks so good! Happy monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brunch place sounds very interesting...and what you made for dinner looks very yummy!

    Stopping by from Mingle MOnday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed you got out of pjs and went out Friday --i would NEVER change back into real clothes hahaa!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your meal prep--and that chicken looks amazing! Also--what a crazy brunch experience! I've never heard of anything like that before. Bet it was pretty fun though!
    Stopping by from Mingle Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. La Boom sounds like my kind of place! I wish we had a place like that in Kansas City! I actually love day drinking like that, you can take a nap and wake up feeling ready to go again!

    ReplyDelete