Monday, September 21, 2015

Hello Monday!


Hello there!
How was your weekend?

Tomorrow is my last day of work...although the manager said I could make today my last day. I may still pop by the office tomorrow though because I don't trust that something "shady" won't happen and they try to say I didn't work my last two weeks. I need (and deserve) all my untaken vacation and of course my commission check!

I had a really laid back weekend. I think the stress of the job I'm leaving is finally melting away (although the stress of starting a new job is peeking its head). I have 7 days of vacation planned from Wednesday until then that I'm going to use to concentrate on relaxing and getting rid of the previous job craziness. I want to start my new job calm, relaxed and excited for something new!

Friday I had an extended lunch with Linda and my two co-workers who quit earlier in the year. Reunited! They are excited that I'm "getting out". We went to Chop't - have you been there? I've been about 4 times and this time was the FIRST time I was happy with my order (Steakhouse salad for the win).
Friday evening I was suppose to meeting up with a girlfriend but she had to reschedule so I went home and continued my Netflix binge of Reign. 
Do you watch this show? I love it. I have to wait til October til Netflix has season 2.

Saturday - Marie was in town babysitting her (our) nephew. So I stopped by to see the cute lil peanut and to spend some time with Marie. 
Since I'm going to be away for this weekend, I'm going to miss Marie's bday (sorry Marie! Love ya!) so I delivered her birthday gift I was really happy (and nervous) to give her.  You know how much I love my kitchen prints - so I (naturally) thought she would really love some prints for her house too.

Paris theme just for Marie. Aren't they cute?!

Sunday - was one of those days where you plunk in front of the TV. Eat junk. Take a shower, put on a new pair of pjs and get back in front of the TV.

I did manage to do some house cleaning. 

Just a real relaxing day! Next month I'll be working weekends so I have to cherish days like this. 

How was your weekend?
Did you get to relax any?
What are you looking forward to this week?

~trish

I would love it if you followed me: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads

Linking up with: Weekending || Mingle Monday || Weekend Snapshots

15 comments:

  1. Those prints are so cute--I'm sure she loved them! So glad that you guys got to spend some time together, especially before her birthday! Yay for almost being done with this job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a good weekend and only have 2 (or 1!) day left of work! Yay! My husband has 2 weeks left of his job and then he starts right away at his new one. I suggested he take a week off for a staycation between the jobs, but he couldn't work out the time for it. My weekend was busy but good. I'm ready for my quiet weekdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally go to work on your last day!! Otherwise, something "shady" can happen. I have seen it happen many times! I totally think taking time for yourself is a good idea. Ok I love those prints!! They are so cute!! Oh I love the show Reign!! Omg, i love it so much. I can't wait for it to return. Wait, is it returning? I don't even know. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love spending time with family. Have a great last day at the jab!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic birthday present!
    Yippee for a relaxing weekend with lots of sweet faces to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart to take a week for yourself between jobs!! Relaxation station here you come! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice weekend, my plans went kinda south but I hung around the house as much as possible. Always a plus when we all make it out alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those prints are so stinking cute! And I had almost the same Sunday, with a little grocery shopping and meal prep thrown in. But mostly TV and sweatpants, which was much needed. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those Paris pics, and yay for your last few days at that job. So happy for you <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. hell yes to take a week off between jobs!! it's a must to relax and get ready for those new opportunities :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay that tomorrow is your last day! I would definitely go in, too. Better safe than sorry!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those prints
    makingrestorations@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the new job! It is good that you will get some rest♥♥ My weekend was great♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, I'm on the blog!! :) Thanks for coming over and hanging out with "our" nephew lol. And thank you...err, merci beaucoup! for the cute Paris prints - I LOVE them and Jeff already hung them up in my bathroom for me!

    ReplyDelete