Friday, September 11, 2015

It's Friday ... My Second Favorite F Word!

  Hallelujah it's Friday!
I know it was a short week but I promise you - this Friday was a long time coming!
{one}
Since we all enjoyed off on Monday or normal sales meeting was moved to Tuesday. Of course my manager comes in guns blazing and tells us to make 100 phone calls before the end of the day.
100.
um.
What?!
I'm an outside sales rep - not inside call center. 
By the end of the day when I only managed to get in 32 phone calls and my co-worker got in 12 we had to have a meeting with the manager. Long story short - it did not go well. It was so bad after venting, taking a 3 mile walk, and having a glass of wine - I was wide awake at 3:30am still thinking about the whole situation. Stressing.

{two}
I put in my TWO WEEKS NOTICE on Wednesday! Woohoo! 
I really liked my job but I cannot tolerate being treated the way I've been treated the past 8 months. It's so STRESSFUL and knowing you have no one in your company to advocate for you is just defeating. If you been following my blog - you know it's been bad. I cannot make this stuff up.
{via}

{three}
I booked my flight to Florida! Woohoo! One of my goals was to take a vacation this month - and now that my flight is booked that means it's actually going to happen!


{four}
I've been watching Call the Midwife on Netflix and it's really good! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm now on season 3 and I'm pretty confident I can deliver a baby. Any volunteers?

{five}
Attended a summit that feature Dan Thurmon on Thursday and he was fantastic! So entertaining using juggling (balls and pins) and balancing (using a 6 foot unicycle) to get his message out about work/life balance. 

Happy Friday! 
Have a fantastic weekend!
~trish

Find me:: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads

Linking up with: Friday Favorites // Friday Favorites // H54F //

16 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOOO happy that you're getting out of that situation. It has been hard for you I know, and sounds toxic. These people need to get more realistic expectations of what people can do, what's reasonable. Ugh. You're on to bigger and better!
    So happy you get to go to FL too...you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you; it's not worth being at a place you hate for 8hrs a day, no matter how much they pay you. i've left many a job with no alternate job prospect simply for the sake of getting the f*ck out of there to save my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the job stress. We've been having some challenges around here too...like, NO WORK! O_O But hubby just got a job yesterday...we think! ^_^ ... Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Call the midwife"!!! I didn't know it was back on this season!!! O_O Enjoy it!....but uhhhhh...I'd hold off trying to birth a baby from their instructions. They're set in a time long past, and babies aren't actually born with jelly on their heads! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting out of that job!! I totally understand what it is like. I too am starting to get ready to look for another job. I can't deal with the BS anymore. Yay for vacation!! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for putting in your two weeks notice! It just isn't worth it to show up to work unhappy every day. You definitely need to do what's best for you. And super yay for your FL trip! I was just in Tampa yesterday! You're going to have a blast!!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers to you for putting in your notice and not standing for any more of that stress. And a trip to Florida. Yahoo!! Make sure to thoroughly enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting you are almost done this job, I wouldn't want to be treated that way either. Hope you have a great trip!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girlfriend, I hear you on the stressful job and toxic environment. I actually had a situation yesterday that caused me to almost just walk out and I DON'T walk out, I always give a 2 weeks notice. I'm glad you were able to put in your two weeks, that's always a relief!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you taking the reins & giving 2 weeks notice. It's awful to be so stressed at a job. Not worth it. Life is too short

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY Friday!!!! I just LOVE Call The Midwife. It is surprisingly captivating!!! LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to hear you put in your 2 weeks notice, believe me I've been there with a boss like that and it's nothing but toxic. No one deserves to be treated that way, and you shouldn't dread going into work every day *hugs*. Whatever is next for you will be a MUCH better fit ;-)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! Congrats on the next chapter of your life!

    Diane

    www.petiteinparis.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have spent all evening reading your blog, thanks for the great post, lovely as per usual! xx



    My Little “Fashion” Box Review

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was ready for Friday, but when Friday came I found myself insanely discouraged and frustrated and honestly wanted to just go back home and hide under the bed. I hope you had a good weekend. Way to go putting in your notice, being treated poorly is no the way to go. Florida sounds good too, we're actually paying our part next week for a weekend get away with the fams to the N GA mountains in November. I don't think I thought that one through very well, lol. BUt I've got high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd hold off trying to birth a baby from their instructions. They're set in a time long past, and babies aren't actually born with jelly on their heads! LOL

    http://www.pinkqueen.com Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to watch Call the Midwife!! I need Netflix. I can't believe how badly some companies treat their employees. I've been where you are and it's not a good feeling. Good for you for choosing to make yourself happy.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete