Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Teaser Tuesday {plus Review} ::: The Elite (The Selection Book #2)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm
 
 
Goodreads
 
TEASE:
“It's the most wonderful and terrible thing that can ever happen to you," she said simply. "You know that you've found something amazing, and you want to hold on to it forever; and every second after you have it, you fear the moment you might lose it."
I sighed softly. She was absolutely right.
Love was beautiful fear.”

SYNOPSIS:
The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.
REVIEW:
I ate this book up. Another quick fun read that just keeps you reading page after page. I am really enjoying this series.
 
Wins
*I enjoy the concept of this series: A Prince looking for his bride in a bachelor type set up and all the girls are from different castes and (of course) he falls for the girl in the lowest of the castes
 
*I read this book in 2 days - the story really just moves along quickly and I like that
 
*America is all over the damn place with what she wants but the end of this book gives me hope (for book 3)!
 
Losses
*I found America (main character) to be more annoying in this installment of the book. I wanted to choke her in some of the situations she put herself into.
 
*The climax/build up (I don't want to give anything away) but I was disappointed. It was build up, build up and then...meh.
 
*I found Aspen (guy #2 in the love triangle) SO annoying. Ugh. I wish he would just go away.

AGAIN...Thanks Taylor for the recommendation! 
 
I can't wait to get started on book #3!
 
 
What are you reading this week?

Are you tired of love triangles in these YA books (I'm not!)?
 
What is your favorite YA series?
 
~Trish
 
 Find Me: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads

14 comments:

  1. I need to read the first book. I'll have to use your Kindle account haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are still making me want to go buy the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went through a huge YA phase and it was sort of embarrassing that i am a nearly 40yr old woman looking for books in the kids section LOL

    my fav YA books: the universe vs alex woods, wonder, perks of a wall flower, lions of little rock, the outsiders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to start this series. I was put off by the foofy dresses on the covers into believing that is was a different kind of book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like a fun book! Cinderella type story meets The Bachelor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds super intriguing! I may have to dive into this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh awesome teaser I heard nothing but great reviews about this book series. I would love to start to read this series as well. But I don't know when I can get to it. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of this series yet but it's on my never-ending to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun read! Thanks for visiting my Teaser this week!

    ReplyDelete