Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Teaser Tuesday {plus Review} ::: The Selection

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm
 
 
Goodreads
TEASE:
“I sighed and went back to filling out the application. The whole thing made me feel like my family didn’t think I had any right to want something of my own. It bothered me, but I knew I couldn’t hold it against them in the long run. We couldn’t afford the luxury of wants. We had needs.” 

SYNOPSIS:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
 

REVIEW:
Taylor recommend this book to me awhile back and I'm kicking myself for just now reading it. 

Wins:
It's book one in a series ... I LOVE books in a series!
 
It's like Bachelor meets Dsytopia! I haven't watched Bachelor but I've seen Flava of Love and it's like the same thing right? And I enjoyed a good Dystopian book
 
This is a quick, light and fun read .... I have a reading goal I need to accomplish!
American (main character) - LOVED. A lot of times the girls in these YA books are whiny and annoying and can't handle a love triangle - this girl knows what she's doing (for the most part).
 
Losses:
Parts of the story felt a little rush to me and I wish the author spent more time on it and/or gave more detail ... but then again - if she did then the story probably would've dragged on

If you like YA books - then pick this one up. It's only like $5.99 on Amazon so what do you have to lose?

Thanks Taylor for the recommendation! 
 
 
What are you reading this week?

Have you read this book? Or Will you read this book?
 
~Trish
 
 Find Me: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads

11 comments:

  1. I hadn't even heard of this book! I'm glad that you liked it. Can you share it with me on the Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read that book. right now i'm reading Map of Bones and just finished Trust No One (which was really good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease! And what a cover, right?

    I didn't know this book. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my tease:
    http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2015/09/teaser-tuesday-3-dracula-by-bram-stoker.html

    Athina @ Between my Lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, sounds like I definitely need to read that book! I just finished re-reading the Divergent series so I was looking for another series to start!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds fantastic. Totally need to check it out. Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to get into this series. Every time I see it in the store, I want to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when I first saw this one around, and LOVED the cover...it does sound very tempting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a fun read!!! Thanks for sharing and yes I love books that come in series as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your teaser. The cover is beautiful. Here is my TT
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/09/teaser-tuesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good and a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete