Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekending


Hello!

How was your weekend? Mine was filled with a TON of sleep and lazing around so this post may be a bit dull! 

Friday: I was exhausted by Noon. I only have 7 more work days of having to drive all over MD/DC/VA. I'm looking forward to not being a "road warrior" when I start my new job. By 5:45pm I was in my PJs, on the couch holding the remote.

I started to watch Narcos. 
I only watched 3-4 episodes before I turned it off. I like it but I like to crochet while I watch tv and Narcos has so much subtitle that I'll have to watch it when I'm not in the mood to crochet so I can pay attention.

Saturday: Troy brought home breakfast so we enjoyed breakfast in bed. I was up by 8am watching tv but back in bed by Noon for a nap. I'm telling you guys - I'm just so exhausted! 

I did manage to run to the grocery store. Troy and I want to start doing our smoothies again so I picked up kale, spinach, bananas, strawberries - etc so that we can have a healthier morning option (I'll miss my strawberry sprinkled donuts). 

My little cousin m turned 10 on Saturday so we had a party at my aunt's house. It was so cute! And of course I didn't take any pictures except of the birthday cake my grandma made:

She's so creative and it was delicious! 

After the party Troy and I watched tv but I ended up passing out just 45 minutes later. 
Troy said I was snoring so bad LOL. My throat was on fire when I woke up so I couldn't deny it (this time).

Sunday: True to my weekend - I was in bed most of the morning. I did make red beans and rice (I have THE BEST recipe from Stephanie)!

Got some hooky time in:


Played lots & lots of Yahtzee 


And that was my weekend!

How was yours?

Would love it if you would follow me :: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Im glad you got caught up on sleep--it sounds like you totally needed it! Thankfully your days at the job are numbered now, although I will be sad not to get my mid-day Summer stop-ins for lunch :)
    Wow, how are you getting so far in Yahtzee? I still have a gazillion XP to get before the next level! Go you Yahtzee queen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than a nice relaxing weekend! The minon cake is so cute! I can't believe your grandma made that! So talented! Happy Monday girl!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have to pay attention during Narcos - but I like that I wasnt able to do other things and just focus lol!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cake :) Happy Birthday to him. My weekend was busy and I soon go back to work which I am not looking forward to haha.

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. That birthday cake came out so great!! It looks so yummie. It's so cute, not sure I would be able to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my husband binged narcos since we're cancelling our netflix membership today and he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun cake.
    I like to craft while watching TV too & I was catching up on Jane the Virgin & the grandma always speaks in Spanish so I have to stop & read the subtitles too - glad she's not in every scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake is the cutest!!! I'm waiting until I have a few hours to binge and then I want to start Narcos, but not looking forward to reading all the subtitles :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness how cute is that cake?!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!!!!!!!!!!!! We usually have the tv on in the background while getting other things done and that one is like zero ability to multitask with the subtitles. I need to brush up on my Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the perfect relaxing weekend, and how adorable is that minion cake! Now I'm totally craving cake :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me and I follow you back :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your crochet projects! So pretty. I keep hearing about this Narcos show. May need to check it out...

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete