Friday, October 2, 2015

It's Friday!


via
Happy Friday Chicas! 

How was your week?
I have to tell you - mine was pret-ty good! It's the 10th day of my vacation/family visit in Florida and it has been a really chill week - exactly what I needed!

This is probably the first vacation (since I started my professional career) where I got to go on vacation and not have to worry about checking work emails or having clients & co-workers who don't know what to do without me calling. I did have one client call me this week who I forgot to tell I no longer work at my previous job. whoopsie.

{ONE}
When I come to visit I like to sit out on the lanai and read my book. I think I have spent a part of every day out there rain or shine with my book. My little sisters came out and joined me one day: 
Love moments like this.

{TWO}
Who doesn't love a beach day?! If you follow me on Instagram (@talesfromtrish) you probably already saw my beach video.
On Wednesday my stepmom and I spent a few hours at Anna Marie Island

It was so calming and relaxing and that fresh sea air smell. ahh!

{THREE}
Happily got some pool time in this week!
I told my little sister if I lived in Florida I would go to the pool everyday. I love to sit by the pool. She quickly said "uh, it gets old really fast" LOL.


{FOUR}
I've been a reading machine.
I finished Cinder on the way to Florida [it was a really good read/a different spin on Cinderella that you wont be able to resist].
Started and finished Alive [I don't think I would've read this if it wasn't put right in front of me, but it was here and I read it and it was an interesting story! Probably more science fiction-y then I'm use to but it held my attention].
And now I'm on The Midwife's Confession [I have yet to meet a Diane Chamberlain book I didn't like! And this one is really good like all the others].

{FIVE}
And just because we all need Friday Funnies:
via
via
via
via
Happy Friday!

Have any good plans for the weekend?
Are you ready for Christmas (LOL)?

I would love it if you followed me: Instagram || Pinterest || Bloglovin' || Twitter || Goodreads
~Trish

17 comments:

  1. So cute that your sisters came out and read with you. Just looking at these photos makes me feel relaxed--then I realize I have to go to work today and I'm insanely jealous of you haha.
    Hope you have a good end of the trip and make it home safely with this stupid hurricane!
    Love the pumpkin people haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. scott sigler writes some damn good sci-fi! i read his Infected series and it was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time you're spending outside in the sun is making me mighty jealous! Hope you enjoy your weeknd! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love sitting outside on my patio and reading. Especially on those cooler days. And jealous of your beach time! I haven't been to the beach this year. Whoops! Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a beach day!! I would pick that over fall like any day haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you are having a wonderful time in Florida. You deserved it. Safe travels home. I think its so cute that your sisters joined you for reading time. I think I need to read Cinder, I love anything about Cinderella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a real vacation without work emails! And I've lived in FL for over 5 years now, and sitting by the pool/beach doesn't get old. After growing up in the northeast, I treasure all the beautiful year-round outdoor time <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're really enjoyng a stress free vacation
    i almost bought Cinder today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of your vacation (I really do need one!) It looks like your are having a relaxing time! The pumpkin people at the end were HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dyyyyying over the Michael myers funny - oh em gee!! hahaha So jealous of your Florida vacay, family time is always the best! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beach looks fantastic! Isn't reading like that fun?? I hope you have a great weekend!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by this morning to say hello on my blog. The beach and pool look heavenly and to actually have the time to sit and read and in peace and quiet must be heavenly!! Ah.... Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous of your time at the beach! I hate living in a landlocked state sometimes. Sounds like you are soaking up all the feel goods from vacation. And seriously that e-card about it being Christmas is too true. Walmart already has a bigger Christmas section than Halloween section. Just why?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I laughed at your sister's response. I live in Florida and go to the pool probably 5 times a year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always say I want to live at the beach and all my friends that live there say, "why? you would never go to the beach." So I guess I get what your sister is saying. :) I'm so glad you have had a great vacation! I'm freezing in NC so I appreciate those sunny FL pics! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that Friday GIF, and those pumpkin-men crack me up!
    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete