Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday the 13th! Friday 5!!

img
Happy Friday the 13th!
Are you superstitious?!

How about a lil Stevie Wonder to get us in the mood:

It's been a month since I started my new job.
I'm so happy with my decision to leave my old toxic job and start a new career in a new field.

I have happily picked up some new habits since I switched jobs that I'm quite pleased about too:

{ONE}
I have been cooking AT LEAST three times a week! This is up to my normal once a week past. I'm so proud of myself!
I've made: Shepherd's Pie, Bacon Ranch Chicken, and my favorite so far has been:
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Alfredo Pasta
{TWO}
I have only bought lunch TWICE since I've started. I was buying lunch 2-4 times a week. Since I have been cooking I have leftovers AND I really don't have an option to go out and buy lunch since I can't leave my work space. I've also got my "buying coffee every morning habit" down to just once a week (and sometimes not even that often). My wallet is happy!

{THREE}
I have been drinking seltzer water like a champ.
I would much prefer Dr. Pepper but making the switch hasn't been too hard.

{FOUR}
I now do all my house chores and errands on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.
img
I think I'm getting use to this shift. I use to do all this on Sunday but it's so nice to go to the grocery store and not have it filled to the brim will all the other folks trying to get their goods before the week starts.
img
{FIVE}
Some routines I need to get back into: blogging on a semi-regular basis, and working out. I was doing really well with working out at first but now that it's cooler out I have not desire to get up before work and run.

img
Avoid black cats and walking under ladders! I hope you have a great Friday!

18 comments:

  1. Look at you being a cook, and not eating out as much!!! I'm so proud of you! Get it girrrrrrrrl! haha love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED that running tank. I run all the time and I'm ok at it but not great and thats fine with me. Thats great that the new job as lead to better habits and I'm happy to hear that you are still enjoying it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a seltzer water addict - it broke my addiction to Diet Coke.
    I wish I could bring my lunch but I HAVE to get out of the office for an hour every day or I pretty much go insane. It's my "sanity hour" more then my "lunch hour"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a day off during the week, the stores are so less crowded. Except for Friday, that is one of the worse days. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny because I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until blogland told me ;-) That chicken alfredo! I can't even with it. It's 10AM and I am already hungry for lunch from seeing it!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday the 13th showed it's ugly head this morning, on the commute into work an 18 wheeler truck decided to overturn and spill something on the highway, they were forced to block it for cleanup. Needless to say I was an hour late for work :) Regardless of all that mess, just thankful it's FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinners this week sound amazing! And I may need to start doing laundry/cleaning during the week so I don't feel weighed down by it on the weekends when I want to relax and have fun.

    Happy Friday gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I couldn't even get passed that Alfredo pasta. SO yummy! And I need that running tank top haha! Although I don't even think I'm okayest lol! Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on curbing your soda addiction!! It's tough but so worth it!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh that dish looks delicious! I definitely need to try it! Congrats on creating some great new habits! I need to start cooking more, I just get lazy when I get home. Le sigh. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pasta you made sounds delicious! Love that running top-so fun! Congrats on developing so many great new habits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great to hear you are liking your job! Best of luck with everything!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely want to try that spinach chicken pasta! It looks to die for <3 Enjoy your weekend hun

    Lots of love,
    Kayla <3 Xx
    www.kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i haven't bought lunch or food from work in years. since i started clean eating, i've been bringing my luch/food/snacks etc since 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dinners look delish! I try to cook 2-3 nights a week and my husband does the rest!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to do chores like that on a specific day! And that pasta dish looks amazing right now! Yum! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just had an operation so i’ve slept for literally three weeks and i’m having so much fun catching up on your content!! xxx



    Pink Sleep In roller Review

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great weekend dear!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete