Monday, February 6, 2017

Caron Cake Tunisian Crochet Blanket

Caron Cakes were all the rage a few months ago -- are they still a popular thing?

I picked up about 5 skeins of the Faerie Cake and have been slowly adding rows to this beauty:


My original idea was to do a Trip Around The World Blanket but as I got a few rounds into I decided -- It was UGLY! 

Look see for yourself:


Not cute right?

So I unraveled and started again:

And every time I get a spare moment I do a few loops whenever I can.


It is a really enjoyable blanket to make. I know I'll be sad whenever this project comes to an end.

~Trish

Linking up with Hookin on Hump Day #136

5 comments:

  1. I just bought 2 skeins of that yarn myself... but wait, is it workout out that the squares match the yarn - like one square is the same color & then moves on to the next color with the next square? ... is there a pattern for this? I'm all curious. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the pattern for the larger squares? I am wanting to do this same blanket with the caron cakes I have purchased, but don't know the multiples I need for the row and haven't been able to find a pattern anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's a pattern I purchased from Knitpicks called "the squared away throw"

      Delete
  3. Thank you, for sharing where the pattern came from! I've been searching online for 2 days for "tunisian", "entrelac", and never once came across knitpicks website. Again, thank you.
    Did you ever finish your project?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete